The Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association (NEIA) is a not-for-profit association of businesses that promotes the growth and development of the environmental industry in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
To accomplish this, NEIA must directly contribute to:
- The development of new enterprises;
- The stabilization and retention of existing local enterprises;
- The growth of existing local enterprises;
- The attraction of new enterprises to the region; and
- The creation of conditions where these activities to take place – be it regulatory frameworks, general business climate or sector awareness
To achieve these ends NEIA focuses its activities and initiatives in 5 areas, by providing:
- firm-level supports to drive business growth;
- training tailored to environmental sector employees;
- tools to encourage and foster innovation and productivity;
- export and international trade guidance; and
- leadership on policy and advocacy issues
NEIA is Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier resource for the environmental sector, offering a diverse range of expert knowledge and services in the business of mitigating and minimizing environmental damage, for the protection of the environment.